all of us dressed for festive times!

all of us dressed for festive times!
I LOVE my family!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Update on my mom ( detailed)

OK so i am getting a lot of questions about my mom and i figured it was best to start here. I am a very medical technical person so if i am going way over your head please email and ask me to break it down.

Mom was admitted on Monday into the icu for low blood pressures and unconsciousness. There was a lot of concern as to what has happened to her. Upon admission into the ICU she had a code ( this means her heart and breathing were stopping and/or not functioning) They took several tubes of blood for testing. The findings are as follows:
Renal failure- kidneys this is due to a UTI and the infection within her blood.
Liver failure-liver
Bowel obstruction-unknown cause
and later to be identified as psuedo-obstruction with Ilias - this means she had no known cause but her bowels thought they were obstructed and would not do its functions.
She has had several units of blood since the beginning of June.
She has severe intestinal bloating and she has blood pooling and leaking around the collateral vessels in her lower tummy region.  We were told monday she would die without surgery and could die with it. So we are still waiting for her to prove them WRONG!  so far she is. She has an ng tube for decompressing her stomach and has got two more units of blood yesterday.  She is on oxygen, iv fluids for hydration, and meds for her blood pressures.


She is  lethargic and unresponsive for the most part she does not recognize anyone and if she does you cant be 100% sure that she truly did.
She is growing ecoli in her urine cultures, she is growing something in two wound cultures ( not sure yet has not been identified)
She is CRITICAL with stable vitals. She sadly is HIGHLY allergic to the one med that would cure the infection in her body.
She has a resistant E coli which is NOT a good thing considering the one drug that can help her can kill her.
She is very sick and not even close to out of the woods. She is so vacant in her eyes, so lost in her body and mind.
She needs to recover and what will her quality be like with this? we don't know we have to wait and see... We have requested a neurologist to come in and a team of doctors to come in and do an assessment of her.
I don't know what to say. I am lost without her smile, Her stubborn ways ;), Her love for my children and the silly little things she does. How she gets so excited and seeing Wyatt smile,Noni's bashful grin, and my preteen that is challenging me every step of whatever walk we are taking. There is sooo much life left for her to live and she needs to recover so we can;
A get her hernia repaired
B get her on her feet with new knee and get the other one done
C SHE HAS A NEW GRANDSON COMING!!!!!


She is an amazing person and she is a blessing to so many. What an encouragment she is!

I am on bedrest so its hard for me right now to see her but i am going as much as possible. Dad needs to know he is NOT alone and he has so many around to love him and lift him in prayer.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I love all of you for everything you do and pray for. I hope one day that i can give to you all the way you have me.
I emotionally being pregnant am not handling this well at all. I dont talk to many ppl and its not to be rude or leave you out but its me trying to remain calm, take care of my son within, to remain stable for my family, I am the Glue and i will continue to bond and do my job.
i am holding hard to one of my favorite scriptures,
isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I know God is there and he hears us all. He is our strength and our comfort.
Thank you so much for reading and stopping by i will blog and update often.

1 comment:

MELISSA said...

Praying for you and your family heather...